Visit the Vivid Dreams video demo.
This project is from when I was in college. I worked with five other student game artists and developed all programming solutions using UDK (Unreal Engine 3), UnrealScript, Kismet, and MEL (Maya Embedded Language) scripting. I was the primary software engineer on the project.
Notable achievements (at the time):
- A Maya viewport shader with an identical UDK shader
- A MEL script to attach a generated 3-point lighting rig and shader
- Melee weapons using tracers for hit detection
- A fixed camera with smooth scrolling
- An animation system which used available custom AnimNodes
- Teleportation to the nearest path node from the player
- An occluder fader created with Kismet and Material Instance Constants
- Imported custom animation skeletons made in Autodesk Maya
- Health pickups